Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I get a message that my trial version of microsoft 2010 has

Customer Question

I get a message that my trial version of microsoft 2010 has expired. I don't have a trial version. When I answer my 15 digit product key it won't except it.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

The product key should has 25 characters (not 15). Where did you get the product key?

Did you purchase Microsoft Office 2010 previously?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry you are right it is 25 characters, and I enter all 25 and still get the message that it is incorrect
Where did you get the product key?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, it is on the CD case

Did you uninstall all Microsoft Office program(s) previously before installing with the Office cd? thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't remember for sure, I've had this version for over a year
Can you go to Start, control panel, uninstall a program (or add/remove programs) and uninstall all Microsoft Office program(s), then restart the computer and use the Office CD to reinstall?

Please let me know. thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So how is this going to help if it still thinks I have a trial version and won't except my product key
You may have not uninstalled the trial version previously when you installed the office cd; please try and check. thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't see any older versions of office so I must have uninstalled them. I never had a trial version, we had to update to this version last year so my son could do home work with 2010 because the school upgraded, so I bought and installed it.
Usually, when you purchase a computer, it includes the trial version of Microsoft Office. Can you uninstall all microsoft office program(s), then restart the computer and reinstall? Thank you.