Referent, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MS Office Administrator

My Outlook Express is not functioning. I dont think it is

My Outlook Express is not functioning. I don't think it is a POP problem. Outlook has been operating much slower lately. Is it in meltdown because my computer is several years old? My husband is having the same problem and his computer is newer than mine. Is the problem with Microsoft and not with our computers???

You did not accept my email address. How can someone else have my email address?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Referent replied 4 years ago.

It could very well be the size of your mail folders in Outlook Express. But considering that OE has been out of circulation for awhile as well, there's other factors to consider. Which means no updates, etc. Your best bet is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail (Outlook express's FREE upgrade).

You can download it here:

The upgrade process is fairly easy, and it should import all your previous mail. As stated, OE hasn't been supported for a long while now. You could try compacting the folders and such, but its best you upgrade to a supported mail system for Windows even if you're running XP.