Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I deleted an excel file by error. It was stored on my flash

Customer Question

I deleted an excel file by error. It was stored on my flash card. Is there a way for me to retrieve it?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 years ago.
Greetings,

Please, do not forget to click the Accept button if you found my answer helpful.

By design of how data is written and accessed on flash cards, it may not be possible to retrieve the lost file.

You can attempt to recover it by using a program similar to the one found at the followign link: http://download.cnet.com/Flash-Drive-Undelete/3000-2381_4-10743094.html

Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond.

After you click the Accept button and click Ok now, you can always continue communication with me if you have problems by logging into this site and pulling up this chat history.

Thank you,
- Jason