Bernie
Bernie, Office Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

I cannot access my Microsoft Office email. It does appear on

Customer Question

I cannot access my Microsoft Office email. It does appear on my screen but when I try to pull up an email, the screen freezes.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

As a test, click the Windows Start button, Run, then copy and paste the below into the run box:

outlook /safe

Now press the enter key. Outlook should open and say (safe mode) at the top, please confirm if Outlook works correctly now, I'll stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That worked. is that it?
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Ok, this means that there is an add-in to Outlook that is causing the issue. Since you don't want to run Outlook in safe mode all the time, we'll need to take some more steps to fix this permanentely.

Which version of Outlook are you using (Outlook 2003 for example)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Outlook 2007
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
While in safe mode, inside Outlook 2007, click Tools > Options > Trust Center > add-ins > In the Manage box, pick the COM Add-in type > Press Go > Clear all the boxes for the add-ins shown there > Press ok > Repeat this for any other add-in type listed in the Manage box

Then: Click the Windows Start button > Run. Type regedit and press enter > On the left, navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\

On the right, find the Add-ins key, then right click delete it > Now close and restart Outlook as you normally did and see if it works now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
While in the process of doing what you told me to do I lost my connection to you and couldn't reconnect and finish the procedure. I ended up taking my computer to my usual computer service person, who fixed the problem for me. His diagnosis and method of fixing it were not the same as yours. So I don't think I should pay anything to JustAnswer. I appreciate your answering me but it wasn't what fixed the problem, so I'm not "accepting" your answer.