James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Hi, I have a problem with my MS Outlook. It seems like some

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with my MS Outlook. It seems like some messages are stuck in my outbox, although my outbox is empty. However, some messages I sent were not received. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

If it seems like the message sent properly(meaning you did not receive an error) and the message is not in the outbox that it was sent.

If you are not getting the emails returned with any error that I would rule out a problem with outlook.

Most likely the problem lies on the receivers end. It is possible depending on who the receiving person is using for email and how they have email configured that the messages are ending up in their spam or junk folders. Which could be why they are not seeing them.

If all of your other email is sending with no problem and you are receiving no error messages or returned emails then the problem is not on your end.

Hope this information helps you if so please click the accept button. If you need further clarification of anything I have said above please reply to me and let me know.

Thank You
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I disagree. My outlook says "error in sending" and continually tries to send the 8 messages that are stuck in my outbox. I've scrubbed my registry. There are no messages I'm seeing that are stuck in my outbox (my outbox is empty) but occassionally outlook will say "sending message 2 of 8).
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Ok I see, you didn't say in the question that you were receiving errors.

Can you please tell which operating system(Windows XP, Vista, 7) you are using as well as which version of outlook(you can find this under Help and choose About Outlook).

Also when did this problem start happening?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  James K. replied 4 years ago.

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

I can remote on and fix this problem for you if you wish

Cheers James