after a crash Access can't open some database - missing FPDTC.dll
2007 application is locked and can't find FPDTC.dll
I tried that and it didn't work, now what?
1. The first dialoge box - There was a problem sending the command to this program.
2 second dialoge box - Your 2007 Working Quality Nursery database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'FPDTC.DLL' version 1.0
3. third dialoge box - Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module: Form_Orders by Customer
after selecting OKay the form closes and i have a blank screen with only the forms showing on the left side
Hello, my name is Jim,
Just throwing this possible fix out there for you. The file being referenced 'FPDTC.DLL" is usually a reference to Front Page. Was this created using another system or older version of Access? If so, you can try one of the following:
1. You can search your system for the file and, if you can find it, register it in place by typing the following command in the start>run box and click OK:
regsvr32 "location of the file"
If you get an error on this, try unregistering the file first by typing in the run box
regsvr32 -u "location of the file" , then re-register file.
2. If you are unable to find the file on this system, you can find this file on the original system (usually located in the one of the following locations:),
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\
C:\Program Files\Office 2003\OFFICE11\
copy it to the same folder on this system, then register the file by typing the following command in the start>run box :
3. If those don't help, it is possible you need to add the database to Access's trusted list. To do this:
a. If there is a Security Alert bar below the Access ribbon bar (at top), click on Options, then Enable.
b. (Manual way) In Access, click File>Access Options>Trust Center>Trusted Locations>Add New Location>Browse, then select the location of your database. Once added try using the database again.
Please let me know if this was able to help.
I am using office 2007, the only options on the toolbar are: Home, External Data, Database tools and Add-ins.
Could not find the dll.
There was no office11
No security bar shown.
Below is what i get when trying to load up the database:
1 There was a problem sending the command to program
2 Then broken or missing ref. to FPDTC.DLL
3 Then shows opening form with compile error in hidden module form. orders by customer
4 then i get a blank screen with the forms showing to the left columb
5 my other database programs work good in Access
Do you think i will be able to fix this or is it a lost cause, getting desperate, ha ha
I am sorry. For Office 2007, in order to open access options, you should click on the circle at the top left corner of the Access window. Then you will see Access options button. then follow the steps to add the database to the trusted list.
I was also wondering, when you said that you had a crash, what exactly happened?
Another thing you can try to do is the following:
1. Open your database in Access
2. Press Alt F11 (Visual Basic window will open)
3. Click Tools>References
4. Find FPDTC 1.0 type library and uncheck it, click OK.
5. Try closing, then reopening the database. If it runs well, then the FPDTC.dll reference wasn't really needed.
If there are still problems with that reference, you can try running the Office repair:
Other than this, you can try uninstalling/reinstalling the Office 2007 suite for your system.
I do apologize if this doesn't resolve it for you.
i still cant open the database file after registering the dll:
1. Compile error in hidden module: Form_Orders by Customer
2. after clicking ok, the screen goes blank except for the listing of forms on the left side
i can't reinstall frontpage
If you use the same name, drive, and folder, and the Access database or Access project is compacted successfully, Microsoft Access replaces the original file with the compacted version.
Attachments are only available to registered users.