Molinari
Molinari, MS Office Tech
Experience:  Certified IT Guru
16561526

2007 application is locked and cant find FPDTC.dll

Customer Question

after a crash Access can't open some database - missing FPDTC.dll

2007 application is locked and can't find FPDTC.dll

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  sliver68420 replied 2 years ago.
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to try to help

Do the following:

1. Start MS Access 2007.
2. Press Alt+F11 simultenously.
3. Go to Tools > References.
4. Locate the ticked reference to the missing DLL. Untick it. Press OK.
5. Try compiling your code. If it compiles successfully it was a reference
to a file you didn't need.

let me know if this worked
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried that and it didn't work, now what?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
that did not work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. The first dialoge box - There was a problem sending the command to this program.

2 second dialoge box - Your 2007 Working Quality Nursery database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'FPDTC.DLL' version 1.0

3. third dialoge box - Microsoft Visual Basic

Compile error in hidden module: Form_Orders by Customer

after selecting OKay the form closes and i have a blank screen with only the forms showing on the left side

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i finaly get into VB the message is = Project is unviewable and then the references is greyed out
Expert:  Jim_C_C replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is Jim,

Just throwing this possible fix out there for you. The file being referenced 'FPDTC.DLL" is usually a reference to Front Page. Was this created using another system or older version of Access? If so, you can try one of the following:

1. You can search your system for the file and, if you can find it, register it in place by typing the following command in the start>run box and click OK:

regsvr32 "location of the file"

If you get an error on this, try unregistering the file first by typing in the run box

regsvr32 -u "location of the file" , then re-register file.

2. If you are unable to find the file on this system, you can find this file on the original system (usually located in the one of the following locations:),

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\

C:\Program Files\Office 2003\OFFICE11\

copy it to the same folder on this system, then register the file by typing the following command in the start>run box :

regsvr32 "location of the file"

3. If those don't help, it is possible you need to add the database to Access's trusted list. To do this:

a. If there is a Security Alert bar below the Access ribbon bar (at top), click on Options, then Enable.

b. (Manual way) In Access, click File>Access Options>Trust Center>Trusted Locations>Add New Location>Browse, then select the location of your database. Once added try using the database again.

Please let me know if this was able to help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jim,

I am using office 2007, the only options on the toolbar are: Home, External Data, Database tools and Add-ins.

Could not find the dll.

There was no office11

No security bar shown.

Below is what i get when trying to load up the database:

1 There was a problem sending the command to program

2 Then broken or missing ref. to FPDTC.DLL

3 Then shows opening form with compile error in hidden module form. orders by customer

4 then i get a blank screen with the forms showing to the left columb

5 my other database programs work good in Access

Do you think i will be able to fix this or is it a lost cause, getting desperate, ha ha

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
din't work for me or i am doing something wrong
Expert:  Jim_C_C replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry. For Office 2007, in order to open access options, you should click on the circle at the top left corner of the Access window. Then you will see Access options button. then follow the steps to add the database to the trusted list.

I was also wondering, when you said that you had a crash, what exactly happened?

Another thing you can try to do is the following:

1. Open your database in Access

2. Press Alt F11 (Visual Basic window will open)

3. Click Tools>References

4. Find FPDTC 1.0 type library and uncheck it, click OK.

5. Try closing, then reopening the database. If it runs well, then the FPDTC.dll reference wasn't really needed.

If there are still problems with that reference, you can try running the Office repair:

1. Start the 2007 Office program.
  2. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click program_name Options.
  3. In the program_name Options dialog box, click Resources, and then click Diagnose next to office diagnostics.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Click Run Diagnostics.
  6. If a problem is identified, Office Diagnostics may offer to run the repair process.

Other than this, you can try uninstalling/reinstalling the Office 2007 suite for your system.

I do apologize if this doesn't resolve it for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i even reinstalled office 2007, same results, don't know what to need the database for my business, microsoft is way to expensive to try
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
you can download the file from here http://www.search-dll.com/index.php?page=search&name=FPDTC.dll
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i downloaded the zip file unzipped it and put it in several locations where it had been searching for it before but didn't help. i hope to be able to open this database soon or i will have to go to a backup copy i have but will have to enter a heck of a lot of new invoices and code
you may need to register the dll file...here is a page with directions. http://www.tizag.com/aspTutorial/aspDLL.php
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i still cant open the database file after registering the dll:

1. Compile error in hidden module: Form_Orders by Customer

2. after clicking ok, the screen goes blank except for the listing of forms on the left side

I have a question...first what is your windows version and second do you have microsoft frontpage installed and if so can you open that program without error
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows7 Ultimate, No frontpage is not installed, it has been removed a long time ago
can you reinstall front page and see if the error clears up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I WILL TRY THAT
keep me posted :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can't reinstall frontpage

are you getting an error or do you not have anything to install it from (cd...file)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i had to go back to the original frontpage 2003 and try install it failed, which was designed for xp and it won't install on my windows7, so i can't install frontpage 2007 as it wasa an upgrade. hate frontpage anyway.
we can try installing the new version from microsoft...do the free trial..all we need is the program to be there and hopefully it will contain the missing file ect....Microsoft FrontPage has since been replaced by Microsoft Expression Web and Sharepoint
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i regerstered that dll, i am about ready to give up on it
I understand...I'm kinda running out of ideas worth trying...if you want I can open this question to another advisor..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes if you would, sorry about taking up your time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
she tried her best but this problem may not be solvable
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
The database may be corrupt....

Try this, you may want to make a copy of the database first just in case:

1. Close the current Microsoft Access file.
  2. On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
  3. In the Database to Compact From dialog box, specify the Access file you want to compact, and then click Compact.
  4. In the Compact Database Into dialog box, specify a name, drive, and folder for the compacted Access file.
  5. Click Save.

If you use the same name, drive, and folder, and the Access database or Access project is compacted successfully, Microsoft Access replaces the original file with the compacted version.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am using windows7 ultimate with office pro 2007, can only find database tool menu and it does not contain anyplace to compact and repair the database,
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
It should look like this:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Put the command in toolbar and used it, now when opening the database-repaired one or the new one, i get : Compile error in hidden module_forms by customer
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
Is it only the one database?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like it got hosed during the crash....

What is the file extension for it? dba, somethng like that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
accdb
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
See if the demo of this can recover anything, don''t pay for it!

http://www.oemailrecovery.com/access_recovery.html

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried it and only able to recovere tables, queries
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like that one file was damaged in the crash, having said that, I'll opt out incase someone has more ideas...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for trying, i think it is hopeless
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
The only other thought I had was to check if macros were enabled....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
macros are enabled
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
Still a no go?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes still not working
Expert:  Molinari replied 2 years ago.
I'll opt out incase someone has more ideas...