Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I purchased Office 2010 online from my place of work. I saved

Customer Question

I purchased Office 2010 online from my place of work. I saved the Product Key on my work computer. I recently retired and just purchased a new computer on which I need to install my Office 2010 product. I'm unable to install my backup disk, because I can't retrieve my Product Key from file on my worksite computer. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Frederick S replied 5 years ago.
Hi! My name is Frederick. I look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

You will need to call 1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676) to request a replacement key. Please have your installation disc handy as that will be your proof that you purchased Office; thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have already contacted Microsoft and was unable to obtain the product key.

How many times did you call them back demanding a product key?

FS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They referred me to the Microsoft Online number (XXX-XXX-XXXX). No help resulted from the call. I have called three different numbers without success. No one seems to be able to provide me with a Product Key.
And you had the Office installation CD?

FS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I downloaded the product to my old computer, which i just replaced. I had a backup disk sent, which I'm now trying to install on my new comupter. The MS Office jacket that the disk came in has a number,but its not the Product Key. This is the number: XXX-XX-XXXX41-SLOU. There is also a serial number.
OK, so you do not have the original CD from Microsoft?

FS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That's correct. Just the back up disk, which asks me for the Product Key to activate.

I'm sorry but Microsoft needs the actual install disc OR the product key to provide you with another key. Without either of those, you will need to purchase a new copy of Office.

FS