Molinari
Molinari, MS Office Tech
Experience:  Certified IT Guru
16561526

I am trying to save a batch file. Office 2010/ Windows 7 tells

I am trying to save a batch file.
Office 2010/ Windows 7 tells me I can't do that because I am not administrator.
I am administrator.
How do I tell the system that I am administrator ?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Which folder are you try to save the batch file to? What kind of batch file is it?

What program do you use to create the batch file?

What have you tried?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
root directory.
simple text file with .bat
word
every bloody thing
don't thank me, just answer the question
Windows 7 does not let you save file on the C: drive directly, but let's try each of the followings until it works:

Please save the .bat file on the Desktop. Then see if you can copy and paste to the C: drive.

Please right-click on the Notepad/text program and click on Run as administrator, then open the .bat file from the Notepad/text program, then see if you can click on File->Save as and save to the C: drive.

Please click on Start and type UAC and press Enter. Then slide the option to the bottom ,then click on OK, then restart the computer and see if you can move the .bat file to the C: drive.

If all fails, can you just create a folder on the C: drive and put the .bat file in it?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
BULLSHIT !!!!!
the batch file is not my problem !!!
I want the computer to know that I am the administrator, the administrator is me, and no-one except the administrator operates the computer, so stop blocking me from using the computer
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
Ok, they don;t tell you this, but there is a hidden super admin account.
When I first set mine up the first thing I did was to take control of it, rename it and use it as my main account:

First you’ll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box)

image

Now type the following command:

net user administrator /active:yes

image

You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice. (Note that the screenshots are from Vista, but this works on Windows 7)

image

You’ll note that there’s no password XXXXX this account, so if you want to leave it enabled you should change the password.

Then

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.

2. Click Turn User Account Control off. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.

Then open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box)

A) In the command prompt, type in bold belowand press Enter. (See screenshot below)
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
B) You should get a success message back.

C) Close the command prompt.

D) Restart the computer to apply.disabled_cmd.jpg

Reboot and sign in as the super admin.

That's they way I set mine up and I can move files to the root of C at will....
If it fails, there may be a few permissions tweaks that need to be done....

Let me know if you run into any trouble...

Molinari, MS Office Tech
Experience: Certified IT Guru