Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer
23822421

Strike outs have appeared thru my text out of no where. I see

Customer Question

Strike outs have appeared thru my text out of no where. I see no place to turn this off so whole document is ruined. Ideas? Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  jhannell replied 5 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hi.

Customer :

Hello, I don't see an answer. All if see is the word 'hi.' What am I doing wrong?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hi,

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

is it in WORD progrma?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

program?

Customer :

yes, word 2010

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

please select the file you want to disable strikethrough

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

On the Home tab, in the Font group, click Strikethrough.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Customer :

did that, no change

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

did you select all of your text ?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

pressing CTRL+A

Customer :

yep, select the whole paragrah, hit the strikeout button and after hitting edit, I made sure the strikeout was NOT checkmarked,l but the strike out remains.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

can you press ctrl+a. and press ctrl+c respectively, when done please let me know

Customer :

nothing changes. I notice that when I check to make sure 'strikeout' is NOT check marked, the little box where the checkmart could go remains dark blue in color when all the other squares are white. Important? Also, if I type something new, it seems ok.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

if you get an error please let me know.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you got any errors ?

Customer :

No errors, not changes. Jerry - what I'm working on is a paragraph within a box - I've tried to delete the entire paragrah and can't even do that - now the new question is how do I get rid of this paragraph with it's strikeouts completely?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

try this

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

can you press ctrl+a. and press ctrl+c respectively. go to notepad. press ctrl+v. press ctrl+a in notepad. press ctrl+c in notepad again go to word. open a new document. press ctrl+v

Customer :

problem - i haven't got a clue as to what notepad is - i assumed it was a simplified version of Word?? How do I get there in order to press C+v?

Customer :

Sorry Jerry - you didn't get a chance to earn your fee. I went to Review, Track Changes, changed track changes and the strikeouts appeared - haven't got a clue as to why or how. Thanks for trying - have a good night!. Lynne

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

notepad ?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

let me opt-out now, and open this page to other experts.

if nobody opts-in back, we can continue again. Regards

Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

Is the document fine on the screen? and you get the issue when you print it?. Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.