EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

WITHIN SECONDS AFTER THE 94 SABLE CRANKS UP AND ENGINE

Customer Question

WITHIN SECONDS AFTER THE 94 SABLE CRANKS UP AND ENGINE RUNNING, THE HI SPEED FAN STARTS AND RUNS CONTINUOUSLY. A/C IS FINE AND ENGINE AND TRA FUNCTIONS NORMAL. WILL THE CONSTANT CONTROL RELAY MODULE CAUSE THIS.?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally? What confuses you?
Customer: CAR STARTS AND RUNS NORMAL. NO CHEC ENG LIGHTS, 18700 KM. FAN STARTS ABOUT 5 SECONDS AFTER STARTUP ON HIGH AND STAYS ON UNTIL SHUT DOWN.
JA: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES HOPING TO!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. The CCRM directly controls the low speed and high speed cooling fan functions. It is possible if the ac pressure is too high or the high pressure switch has failed for the cooling fan to be on high as well.

Thank you for using Just Answer and please take a moment to rate my assistance with your question. And, as always, after rating the question will remain open for any follow-ups you may have. Thank you.