Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Just trying to take off my hubcap without the hubcap key

Customer Question

just trying to take off my hubcap without the hubcap key plus the heater core hose exploded the other day, i re-attached it and now when i reach 60KMH+ i hear a whining noise sounds almost like people singing coming from my vents i think. not sure if its just cause the hose is smaller and collapsing or if something major may have happened
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: i re-added coolant and its not leaking now after i re-attached the old, decaying hose
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 93, grand marquis
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah I am its got 500,000 KM on it, but it runs completely fine, except until i gunned it and went 160KMH to avoid a collision, and the heater core hose blew. I then pulled over, cut the hose, re-attached it, added coolant and now I have an orchestra playing while I drive (sure its the either the hose or heater core), but the heater works fine, and its not leaking into the cab via firewall or on the ground anywhere, fluid levels seem fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nah I think that sums it up.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Ok, if possible can you take a photo of the hubcap lock and post here as they used several different ones for that year. IF you can, use the paperclip icon on your reply box toolbar.

If not, I need a really good description of the shape and depth of it.