Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. Just had the gaskets

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. Just had the gaskets fixed but now every so often the car feels like it is going to stall on me. It does that putt,putt, and you have to press the gas so you don't stall. Please help. Has 92,000 miles.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: I'm not sure
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: having a mechanic do it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the check engine light comes on then starts to blink.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** you still need help? Have you had the check engine light scanned for the codes stored?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

The blinking check engine light means you have a misfire. I recommend a throttle body, MAF, fuel system and intake cleaning with chemicals. Replace the idle air control valve and the spark plugs and have the coils tested.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris