Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs

2005 mercury mountaineer with blend door issue. Blend door

2005 mercury mountaineer with blend door issue. Blend door was physically bad as it banging and making clicking noises. Took it apart and saw the worm gear inside was broken. Replaced actuator and new one doesn't move. Got another motor thinking replacement was bad. It doesn't move either. It at "least" moved the motor prior to removal. Replaced manual temperature potentiometer just to try something and it did not help. A wire could have been damaged between the switch and motor. I need assistant in troubleshooting the wiring as I don't have schematics nor have any idea what I am looking for.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you working on a manual system (knobs) or an electronic system (buttons)?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello Ron, This is a manual system

Okay give me a moment and Ill pull the diagrams for you and we can work from there. Okay see the wiring diagram in the link below and be sure to start with making sure all the fuse for the system are okay and not blown. The fuse to check are the F1-7 fuse, the F1-16 fuse and the F2-30 fuse all located in the interior fuse panel.

See the test steps for the actuator in this link.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you! I am not with the vehicle now and was googling possible solutions when I found justanswer, so this is brand new to me. I will be checking the fuse panel tonight but won't be able to dismantle to gain access to the actuator until the weekend as my friend put it all back together already. How long do I have you to assist with this issue? The voltage tests are exactly what I was hoping to get as I suspect a damaged wire as nothing else makes sense.

The post stays open as long as you need me even after you rate the service. All you need to do is post back when your ready and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** respond back as soon as I check the wiring.

Sure thing, Im here everyday. Let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi Ron, I have reached the actuator and voltages are perfect on the actuator side and on the head side just as the instructions state. This indicates the actuator itself is bad but the friend I had install it said it's the 2nd one they bought and installed. When connected, the actuator does nothing. Try as I like, I couldn't remove it myself and am going to have them do that early this week. I want to use my own 12V supply to test the motor. They know how to get it out without removing the entire instrument panel and I am not going to tackle that. YouTube showed cutting a whole in the bottom of the panel but I'm not comfortable with that either. But your guide helped me to determine that it's not the wiring so I will rate the question. But I will most likely be back for assistance once I get the motor in my hands.