Mike V.
Mike V., Automotive Technician
Experience:  25 years experience witth all makes, Nissan and Subaru factory trained.

Air conditioner/heating system. My 2001 Mercury Villager

Air conditioner/heating system. My 2001 Mercury Villager system blow about 10-15 minutes then turns off. But the main problem is that it blow hot air when I turn on the air conditioner and blow cold hair when I turn on the heater. What is the problem?

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Does the engine temp gauge show a normal reading when this is happening?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the engine temp gauge show a normal reading when this is happening.

Ok, this is usually a result of a bad blend door motor/actuator. If it's not switching then you will continue to get cold air. You should see 2 small hoses going into the firewall, check and see if both are hot when the vans up to temp. If they are, then the heater core is good, but the actuator probably isn't shifting the door.

Check it out and let me know.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!