Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Its is making a grinding sound when I turn left and back up,

Customer Question

its is making a grinding sound when I turn left and back up
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: a few days toward to (L) side front
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Lincoln mercury mountaineer 2003
JA: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing want to take to mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Is the vehicle AWD without a 4x4 switch?

Possible causes are a faulty wheel hub bearing, locked up rear limited slip clutches, or a locked up transfer case viscous coupling.

Your description does not sound like the tires in the front are actually rubbing the wheel well area.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris