Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

2002 mercury alarm goes off for no reason, No, i will try

Customer Question

2002 mercury alarm goes off for no reason
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No, i will try that
JA: What is the model of your '02 Mercury?
Customer: mar quie
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put a new housing on the remote but didn't change the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is this the perimeter anti theft which is going off while the car is locked up and parked?

If so then have you had door ajar warning issues?

If not then try adjusting the hood latch, striker and ajar switch. The hood is a common source for the alarm going off.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The alarm is going off without the car being locked. I will adjust the hood latch and see if that fixes it.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** touch on the results.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have made sure all doors and the hood are closed and the alarm has not gone off. willcheck it all day today and let you know how i come out.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 days ago.

Glad I could help. Thanks for rating my response.