Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

2000 mercury mountaineer replaced time chain guides,

Customer Question

2000 mercury mountaineer replaced time chain guides, tensioner and oil pump ...put back together, started ran will for a few minutes, made a noise and now no oil on drivers side and tapping again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

For no oil on the drivers side of the engine for the head, cam, and tensioner you either have a oil passage restriction from debris or the tensioner has filed and is causing the loss of pressure dumping all the oil into the front cover. You will need to go back into the engine to check these things.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.