Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

While driving the overdrive light is flashing on and off,

Customer Question

While driving the overdrive light is flashing on and off
JA: Does the light flash or stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: When I turn on the vehicle the light is off when i drive the vehicle than the light flashes. No took it to a mechanic today
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2003 mercury mountaineer
JA: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i took it to be looked at by a mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: From time to time my ABS light comes on
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The flashing OD light means there are transmission trouble codes stored. Do you know those codes? If not then I may be able to diagnose this by symptom if you notice some odd gear or shifting issues.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris