Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

What type of springs on mercury 2000 villager estate, right

Customer Question

what type of springs on mercury 2000 villager estate
JA: Are you fixing your Villager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: right now I am trying to find out what to do to make it less noisy and ride smoother. it's 15 years old, 31,000 miles on it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that i like the car, want a better ride, less road noise and will find someone to do the work wanted.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 24 days ago.

have you done any suspension upgrades?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
first, i just sent pay pay 24.oo. why do i pay $10 additional .for a phone call. then it said you are formerly a landlord??are you really a auto mechanic?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
please advise if thee is anyone out there in cyberland who is listening or reading my message

im a ase master tech...

springs control ride height struts/shocks control ride quality. if you would like to chat we chat...some people find it easier to do a phone chat...

My automotive credentials are lengthy.. and i have been with justanswer and long time .....About JOHN aka Eauto

ase tech

I've been an Expert on JustAnswer since August 2007, and I’m ready to answer your Chevy, Saturn,Pontiac, Nissan, Jeep, Subaru, Hyundai, VW, Kia, Mazda, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Saab, Lincoln, Infiniti,Motorcycle, Porsche, and Car questions.

To date, I have 9581 satisfied customers who have indicated that they are happy with the answers they received from me - and I'm ready to answer your Car questions right now.

If you have a Car question you would like to ask me, just enter it into the box on the left so I can get started right away. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Note from JustAnswer: JOHN aka Eauto's ASE Certification was verified on or around August 2009 by a leading third-party verification service.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
John, pardon me if I got this wrong but it seemed like I wasn't getting an answer and needing to pay for a phone call. I am new to this type of program. But enough of that. I bought the car from my friend who was widowed recently. I don't know if anyone ever did much to the car because it was used infrequently when they stayed in Florida. I think it may need new suspension but it rides okay. I know it has struts but those are very expensive so I thoought I would just get rear suspension. I want to undercoat it to stop road noise. The other thing is that radio, clock has no light so I dont know what station I am getting or time. What do I do for that? I have not taken car to any repair yet. Don't know where to go.

undercoating will help.. but the rear suspenion has coil spring and shock absorbers... shocks are relatively inexpensive and cheaper then spring replacement

do you have a regular mechanic?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No. My niece's husband did some work on other cars for us now that we have two that are 15 year old. We used to go to dealer mechanics.or my husband fixed. Now he is too old to get under the car and we have been lucky nothing wrong. Just bought the villager and really like it. Driving it to Mesa Arizona in several weeks so trying to get a few things done to better it.

i have a good friend that is a car dealer in messa..maybe i can get a recomendation for you>?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
That would be great for when we get there but we will be driving from Detroit area to Arizona. I want to get windows tinted, car undercoated (checking prices locally) and find someone locally to check on shocks. Do you have any mechanics in the Detroit suburbs to recommend? Plus advising me on some of the other things I mentioned?

i have zero connections in detroit....sad to say

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Well I would appreciate you checking for someone in Mesa that we can go to for repair work. Ask your dealer friend please. We may be needing a newer car in the coming year. I will sign off for now. Your counsel is appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you again. good night.

ok ill touch base tomorrow