Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I need to rewire right head light or left side if sitting

Customer Question

I need to rewire right head light or left side if sitting inside the car but I don't know where to find the beginning from the battery
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: both were changed but I added a power converter to my car the pigtail shows a deep burn out of the cord
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was told the head of the pig was burnt out, that was replaced - no recovery as before only the high beam works but the low does not
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was thinking about bridging the wire to the left side head light and is that doable
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

I am going to post a wire diagram first. Look it over and tell me what on the diagram you need to find and or need an image of.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/08marqui.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris