Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

2007 mercury mountaineer V8 AWD stops/shuts off when stopped

Customer Question

2007 mercury mountaineer V8 AWD stops/shuts off when stopped at a light. Restarts fine. Happens about once a week. Are there any easy fixes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Are there any trouble codes setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No dash lights turn on and no codes show any issues.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

I see, thanks. There have been some issues on them.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

. It involves a software update for the vehicle’s computer and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****