Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mercury Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mercury Diagnostics
18617752

I need to know where the ECM is Physically located on my

Customer Question

I need to know where the ECM is Physically located on my 1986 Mercury Grand Marquis
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My brother is working on it... and got an ECM but we don't know where it is on the car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

The ECM is located under the hood, driver's side rear corner on the fender apron. Due to the year of the vehicle, the repair manual image is a little blurry, but I can give you what I have here: http://goo.gl/tPdhAp

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you find the ECM? Were there any other questions you had on this issue? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!