Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

Its actually my friends. She let me use it while she was on

Customer Question

Its actually my friends. She let me use it while she was on vacation and I lost the keys.
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: No, nothing. And I have very important paperwork in there that I need at 6am
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2003 mercury mountaineer
JA: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything, but I don't have tripple A and no $ for a locksmith
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the Vin number and all that info
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

If the goal is to get into the vehicle. You need a wood spoon and something long a stiff like an antenna. Pull the top rear of the drivers door away from the body at the roof about 3/4 inch. Hold the gap with the spoon. Insert the rod into the gap to press the unlock button. Do not damage the weatherstrip. The alarm is likely to go off, so once unlocked, open the door, open the hood, remove the negative battery cable with an 8 mm socket.

For the key issue, you need 2 chipped keys. See if your local locksmith or dealer can cut new keys from your vin# ***** see if a locksmith can come to you and program the keys to the vehicle. Minimal bill estimate 200$.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank u for answering me so promptly. That sounds like a great idea, however u don't have a wooden spoon, I'm no foods at going under the his for anything, and I have to get that stuff out if the car before 6am so I doubt the neighbors will be very happy if i set off the alarm so early and can't turn it off.. Is there any way I can get in through the code buttons on the door. (_and of course I don't know the code)

Sorry for the delay I was in bed when you responded because I had to get up to coach 6 year old soccer 6 hours after my response. The only way to get a door key with the vin# ***** be dealer or locksmith if they can get the key code from the vin# ***** this older vehicle. The only way to get the code for the keypad is with entry inside the vehicle to hook up a scan tool.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris