Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs

We have a 2006 Mercury Marquis and we are trying to replace

Customer Question

We have a 2006 Mercury Marquis and we are trying to replace the windshield wiper controller. But we cannot locate where that part is in the dash of the car. Can you help us ? We think this is the part that is not working because the windshield wipers will work but they will get stuck in an arbitrary location between the sweep.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes, there is power to the wiper motor.
JA: Are you fixing your Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we are. We have pulled everything from the dash and we cannot locate where the wiper controller is. The wipers only function on high and when they stop, they stop in an arbitrary location.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all. We have purchased a new windshield wiper controller because that is the part that we were told was not working. We just cannot find where the old one is underneath the dash.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The windshield wiper control module is not under the dash on your 2006 Grand Marguis, instead its incorporated into the wiper motor. See the link below which shows you the motor and the controller are one unit. If you need the wiper motor removal steps I can provide them as well. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there. .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you tell me where the wiper motor removal straps are located?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

There are no removal straps, are you meaning the wiper motor removal steps?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the removal steps
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay see them in the links below.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.