sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I left my 07 Milan Premier sitting in the drive-way for 6

Customer Question

I left my 07 Milan Premier sitting in the drive-way for 6 weeks. When I returned to it the keyless entry would not work nor would the interior lights. Of coarse nothing happened when I put the key in and cranked it. I assumed in the NC heat we have been having the battery just died. I took it out and put it on my charger and it was at 100% I also load tested it and it was fine. I was going to test the fuses but with no power I thought this would be useless. Where do I go from here?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Hello, do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I had to step away, Back now, do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I have to pull diagrams, back shortly

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

go to the battery junction box under hood, remove any higher amp fuses, like 40 amp etc. turn key on and probe the terminals the fuse goes into, Do this for a few fuses if you can

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I need voltage readings

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I cant take call right now, this type of thing is easier in a post as I walk the tests, I will opt out and open the post to the other experts

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

New expert here,

I am reviewing the question and will contact you asap, need to catch up.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am okay with continuing the post if it is better that way.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Do you need a wiring diagram for the starting circuit from the factory service manual?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

ASE Master Technician

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your response. Randall was step wise walking me through the process of diagnosing the problem. I was expecting you to continue with those steps via the telephone. What I am expecting is either a call that will walk me through this process step by step or continued post that will provide step by step instructions.Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Check the main fuse that is on the main fuse box under the hood, a blown main fuse will cause all of the problems you describe.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dan,
I think I need a little more detail, could you hand my case back to Randall?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?