Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

When wet outside, certainly after rain, the driver lock will

Customer Question

when wet outside, certainly after rain, the driver lock will open with the fob, door lock switch. But none of the other locks open. Front passenger doors, sliding doors, and back lift door will not unlock
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: not the battery. The doors act the same when sitting in the car, it running, using the driver side open everything switch
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2004 monterey. Wonderful car!!!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed the battery ground cable to the frame and clened, sanded.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am certain it is a ground problem. ECM has been replaced. But, in colder wet weather, sitting outside all night, the car will not start.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 3 months ago.

Is it in a note start condition right now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is "note"
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Anyone there?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Just to make sure I understand the fob will not lock nor unlock the doors except for the drivers side and the lock switch inside does the same?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a moisture and temperature issue.
Forget the fob
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Once it has rained and is cooler, the driver side unlock door button, (nor the fob), will unlock any of the doors except the driver door
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As soon as it is warm and dry, the driver door button will unlock everything, and the Fob also
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Even cooler, and as wet, the starter will just click.
Battery is good, new starter, new alternator. No improvement
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
To me, a water, perhaps ground issue..
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Started a year ago.
Have a new ECM. no difference.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
fob and driver door switch will not unlock any of the other doors, intermittently, in wet weather
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Works great after a few hot warm days with no rain.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No phone

Thanks, ***** ***** your locks are powered through the SJB smart junction box. This is the fuse panel inside the cab. I would start there to see if any connectors are loose, corroded, or have appearance or arcing or water intrusion from a leak.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris