Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

My 2002 sable is hesitating from idle to acceleration, a

Customer Question

my 2002 sable is hesitating from idle to acceleration, a complete tune up has been done, I have codes popping on 3 of the 4 o2 sensors will these sensors cause this issue?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

sure if the 02 sensors are bad , then the pcm can get correct reading to calculate air & fuel ratio so it will cause the hesitation and make you spend more gas

what are the fault code numbers you got

what is the mileage

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** follow through, the car sat for over a year and the fuel was compromised, it was drained and new fuel added.. fuel filter has not yet been changed. no other codes are coming up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i didn't do the code reading but it was a mech, that read them and looked them up I do know it was the two upper banks and one lower bank.. 150,000 miles

first change fuel filter and run a fuel additives since there was contamination in fuel then

clear fault codes and run again and see what comes up

if the o2 sensor codes came back up then replace them, the 2 front ones will go bad first , the rear are usually not an issue.but replace all the sensor that the codes indicate , there should be 4 total, 2 upstream and 2 down stream ones .

buy the original ones from advance or auto zone, they sell universal ones dont buy those, get the one that has the same connector so wire cutting or splicing is necessary

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat