Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Mercury Senior Master Technician
9600325

I have a Mercury Sable 2005 model.There is an external leak

Customer Question

I have a Mercury Sable 2005 model.There is an external leak somewhere under the dipstick area on the backside of the trans.It looks as though it coming from the dipstick.Is there a vent that could be causing pressure to build and make the fluid come out of the fill tube?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Ford has a technical bulletin out for this concern, you can view it at the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0jyuq476d3nn3u/tsb06-18-13.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z