A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I have just received a 41 and 51 airbag error code on my

Customer Question

Hello. I have just received a 41 and 51 airbag error code on my 1993 Grand Marquis LS. I would like some help in locating the short with diagrams and some likely spots/other possibilities other than a short.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

ok let me check the circuit and get back with you on that .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Okay. Diagrams would be nice

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Two things. Where on my car would be both the air bag diagnostic monitor and where would the RH primary crash sensor be? I need to remove the monitor and inspect the connection between the two for a break. Could there be another cause for the 41 code if I fail to find a break in the line?

these are your codes but 41 & 51 dont come up to be air bag code .

i sent you the wiring diagram for airbag though

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

http://www.diycardoctor.com/Downloads/SRS%20Airbag%20Trouble%20Codes/Ford%20SRS%20Airbag%20Codes.txt

Those are the trouble codes for the air bag. It is the flashing light on the dash. I got a 41 and a 51. The 41 is a short which causes a 51, which is the thermal fuse to be blown. I need a technical diagram so I know what I am pulling out and what to inspect for these error codes

sorry that is all i have on it , I will opt out for another expert for you

Expert:  A. Penland replied 3 months ago.

Code 51 is for the Thermal Fuse inside the air bag diagnostic monitor which can only be replaced with a new diagnostic monitor, basically the air bag module as it is also called.

Below is a pin point test for the code 41.