Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

04 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER 4.0L, will not start, no power coming

Customer Question

04 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER 4.0L, will not start, no power coming to starter solenoid to engage it, with key in on postion we jumped starter and won't run either. Checked fuses and swapped starter relay. Codes b1205,b1213,b1352,p2104,p2112 and u1900. Help please
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

With the key on, what is the check engine light and theft light doing after 5 seconds?

If you remove the starter relay, are there 2 pins there which have battery voltage when trying to start with the key?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has the red light on the center of the dash, stays on then after while starts blinking. Hooked scanner up, pats disabled, starter relay disabled. Master key present.

With the key on is the theft light blinking fast, like 2-3 times per second?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris