Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

2009 Sable. No lights work on radio other than time and

Customer Question

2009 Sable. No lights work on radio other than time and station number. No button lights or other lights. Recently purchased so history unavailable
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: push buttons for stations, light at inlet of cd player, am/fm selector button
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: probably will take to dealer if more than a fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

This is going to be more than a fuse to blame. Most likely its the radio itself, the circuit board inside it controls the illumination for the buttons from a data communication wire signal. There is no fix for this, the radio has to be replaced.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris