HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience Ford Senior Master Technician/Diesel certified ASE Master Technician

The car is a 2008 Mercury Gr. Marquis LS. A Remote Starter

Customer Question

The car is a 2008 Mercury Gr. Marquis LS. A Remote Starter was installed by the local Ford agency here 2 years ago. Everything was functioning well until date. Currently, a couple of weeks ago, I started to have problem with my Air Conditioning System. Checking the system out, I found, the compressor and it's clutch is functioning fine. Freon is up to the required level. I am getting air. But, the control buttons, that are built into the frame of the lower part of the radio consul are not functioning as requested. Which ever button I press the flow of air is going to the wrong place. For some reason if I apply the breaks I get more air but not enough. I am very much puzzled. Please advise!
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is most likely an issue with the climate control panel itself. The control head is run by vacuum. Over time the vacuum seals inside the panel can leak and cause the wrong vents to be selected. The option is to replace it with a new one which is very expensive, well over 600.00 or more. Or to see if there is a shop in your area that rebuilds the control head and disassemble it and replace the vacuum seals inside it.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?