Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My car stalls out, code p0320, yes, i replace coil pack, my

Customer Question

my car stalls out
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: code p0320
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your Mercury?
Customer: i replace coil pack
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my mechanic is trying but he doesn't know
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: we replaced spark plugs and coil pack
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I drive a sable mercury station wagon 97. When it stalls out some time if I wait a little while i can start it back up and drive it a little further. if it sits over nigh i can drive it about 20-35 before it stalls If I don't turn on air condition. I'm not sure if the air condition is the problem but it seems my rides are shorter. It also stalls at I drivethru it may because the time has elapsed . I don't know I'm just rying to give you all the information I know. It gets a code P0320 and my mechanic changed coils and spark plugs
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3l dohc
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
pete are you still working with me .. it says you are offline
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I am here I apologize.Let me look at this real quick and I will post back here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
take your time .. I just wanted to know i was still on your list
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm trying to avoid throwing alot of parts at the problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Below is some info on the code and what causes this issue.This will have to be checked into further to pinpoint the cause here.One issue is damaged or corroded wiring on the engine or leading to the engine computer.I would have this checked to see if this is an issue here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah6vkiousdv5xzz/code-08-02.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks I'll show mechanic
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hey can my mecahanic call you or you call him and you answer his question or he explain the issue
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to take a call on this here myself.We can continue here if you like or I can open your question for others to see if they can help further.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
mechanic***
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you received my last reply above.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it says i can call why can't i just have him call
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
between the two of you you can get it solved faster then me being a middle man
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you might even get another customer out of it
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Some of us here can do the phone calls but myself I am unable to do this at this time.I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can help with the phone call.You have requested the call already so someone else may call you on this soon hopefully already.

Thanks Pete