Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

How do you permanently disable the factory installed

Customer Question

How do you permanently disable the factory installed perimeter on a 2005 Mercury Mariner? My rear door latch sensor is faulty and alarm keeps going off. I do not want to spend any money on this and not sure if I want to try and open door and bypass door wires. Or any other easy fix for this.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will try bypassing door wires is I can get good instructions as a last resort, though...
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

It would be easier to disable this door ajar signal at the module. Is that what your wanting to do, make it so this sensor will no longer see the door is opened?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What does it mean to disable the door ajar signal at the module, and how EXACTLY do I do it?

You would access the smart junction box and unplug the connector with this circuit on it, remove the wire to the door that has the faulty 30$ sensor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would need a diagram and step by step instructions to do this. Do I need to remove door, etc?

Are you wanting to remove wires from the SJB or are you wanting to get into the door to fix the trouble switch?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If the faulty sensor is only $30, where do I get it and can I easily install myself? On other hand, where is smart junction box and by disconnecting wire on it does this solve problem? Which is easier/better? I've seen videos of people accessing inside of door and bypassing/grounding wires but was looking for better instructions.

I was wrong on the 30$ part, I punched in the wrong year when looking at the ajar sensor diagram. Yours is integrated into the door latch not a sensor you can remove like prior years.

I can not answer if you can do this repair, I do not know your skill level.

The better option is to diagnose and fix it correct.

The SJB is the fuse box under the dash.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/door1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/door12.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/door123.png

Remove the 2 wires indicated and retest. If the issue still occurs then add a chassis ground to both of these wires and retest.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, my skill level is 'willing to try anything reasonable'. I have basic tools, but no car repair skills or fuse tester, etc. I am willing to take door off or find access panels under steering wheel. I can locate and do things to the wires with proper instruction. All that I want to do is turn off the faulty alarm sensor that is going to the rear passenger door. I do not care to buy parts to fix it or take it somewhere, as the car is old and not worth it. I have been looking at things on Youtube for advice like the following pages, but thought that I would ask you if there was a simple way to do this, because I am tired of alarm going off randomly constantly. Thanks, Linda
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=How+to+fix+mercury+mariner+faulty+door+ajar+alarm
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Did you follow the steps I listed prior?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, the links are not working and I did not understand what exactly you wanted me to do.

This links expired because the post timed out from not being rated.