Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

After 20 mph it freeze up then jump to like 60 mph, grand

Customer Question

after 20 mph it freeze up then jump to like 60 mph
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: grand marquise 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it just haappened today
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no i just need to know what it could be
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the check engine light has come on with this fault here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

This may be an issue with a transmission component like a solenoid or the valve body at fault needing replaced as I have seen fail before.You will want to have the fault codes checked/read out to help locate and repair this issue here.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete