HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience Ford Senior Master Technician/Diesel certified ASE Master Technician
285738

The abs light and the traction control lights came on my

Customer Question

The abs light and the traction control lights came on my 2008 Mariner. They went off, but you can feel a slight bounce in the brake pedal when the brakes are applied.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, to be sure whats goin on with the antilock brake system. A diagnostic check for codes of the abs system with an abs compatible scan tool needs to be done. You can perform a visual inspection to see if any of the wheel speed sensors are damaged at each wheel or if there is a broken wheel speed sensor tone wheel that the sensor reads off of. This is a common issue to see a split ring and cause an inaccurate wheel speed sensor signal and false antilock brake pedal cycling.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

If you need more help or information, let me know. If i was helpful, please leave a positive rating.