Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

The dealership disconnected my tail lights on the passenger

Customer Question

The dealership disconnected my tail lights on the passenger side of my car because he smelled a burning odor.he told me I needed a replacement do u know what I need?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Sounds like the bulb has possibly melted the bulb socket and lamp housing. Have you visually checked this area and or can you attach some pictures of the damaged area?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Give me the name of the person who disconnected it and what dealership it is and I'll call him up and ask him what needed replaced.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

He most likely meant to replace that entire passenger side Rear Lamp Assembly. Here it shows the 3 nuts.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.