EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

2006 mercury marquis code 2292? Also air bag light lashes 8

Customer Question

2006 mercury marquis code 2292? Also air bag light lashes 8 times then 11? What is that code?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. That code is indicating a problem with the drivers seat belt retractor pretensioner. It essentially means the drivers seat belt buckle needs to be replaced. You should first check the connector on the pretensioner on the buckle. The wiring could be chaffed. To access the seat belt retractor the trim around where the belt goes into the b-pillar needs to be removed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I replaced the drivers side seat belt assembly and then the air bag was flashing 34 which I clock spring. I replaced clock spring and now I get an 8 followed by an 11? Confused on that?

Ok. code 2292 is for seat belt. You replaced that so it shouldn't be a problem. If you are still having 8-11 flash out then you still have low resistance in the drivers air bag circuit. It could be from a clock spring (which you replaced), it could be from a chaffed wire or poor pin fit at the module, or it could be the drives air bag itself that is setting off the 8-11

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
r u saying the new clock spring is bad? That 8-11 wasn't there before I replaced the CS?

If you had a 3-4 (same as 2292) that is for the belt pretensioner. Why did you replace the clock spring to now get the 8-11

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
was told on a site on here 34 was clock spring? Maybe I'll put old clock spring back on? I thought I had it diagnosed correctly when I replaced driver side seat belt assembly but the 34 would not clear out?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but after I replaced clock spring I got the light flashing 8-11?

If the code does not clear out then it is a hard fault and the problem is still present. COuld be the module or a wiring concern at that point. CLICK HERE for the flash out code chart from the workshop manual.

I would put the old clock spring back in and recheck and if the 3-4 does not clear then pretensioner circuit is still at fault.

Also did you connect the clockspring connectors all the way. If you forgot one of those then the light will be on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok! Thanks.....how long does this conversation good for?

It stays open for 7 days

Let me know your progress and please use the 5 star rating method to rate my assistance thus far. Thanks.

Have you made progress in checking on your vehicle?