Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2006 marquis,ls,42k mles,the digita speedometer stopped

Customer Question

for a 2006 marquis,ls,42k mles,the digita speedometer stopped working,also the low fuel light comes on even with a full tank,I have tried to remedy the seedo probem by usint the program select button but that doesn't work,I am disabled so cost is an issue,Icalled ford motor co and they recommended checking the fuses,I am not mechanically inclined but want to keep the car,my main issue is the digital speed odometer,the other one works fine but I try to drive a completey perfect car which it is as shows it,any info to fix this prob would be appreciated,I live in howel mich,is your repair facility close to this city?mark heger
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like your instrument cluster/gauge assembly is failing. If it was anything else such as a speed sensor check engine light would be on and vehicle wouldn't shift correctly. Also the complete cluster is powered off one fuse so if it was a fuse problem then nothing would work. You can try to disconnect battery for 10 minutes to reset system but if that doesn't help cluster will need to be replaced which is about a $500 job at shop. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.