Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Im not sure I understand if I replaced the tbs and motor why

Customer Question

Im not sure I understand if I replaced the tbs and motor why it still acts up is it because it still shows the wrench code on dash. And once the code is erased it will make the trans act normal?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Can you tell me which codes are stored?

Did you replace parts on the throttle body or the complete throttle body?

I have ran into many issues where as aftermarket throttle bodies are used or parts on the throttle body are replaced when a complete motorcraft throttle body should of been installed to address the issue. The throttle body can effect the way the transmission operates.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris