sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I had a transmission tune up with new filter on my 2002

Customer Question

I had a transmission tune up with new filter on my 2002 mercury .I have this done every 30000 miles.1 57,432 miles now on the car ls model . Now there is a loud clicking sound when I go from reverse into park. or drive into reverse gear. Please advise on the problem.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it didnt make this noise prior to dropping the transmission pan and replacing the filter? No debris in the pan? It drives fine otherwise? Will it make the noise on take off and a stop as well?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it did not make the noise prior to dropping the pan and replacing the filter. color of old trans fluid was light gold in color. I did not try it on take off and a stop as well. can I contact you on Monday afternoon after I try a take off ?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.

Yes thats fine, im just thinking it might be either a motor or transmission mount making noise, or if the transmission filter isnt sitting properly in the transmission pan, making a noise when you put it in gear.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?