Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Mercury Senior Master Technician

I have the same problem. Did replacing the blower motor

Customer Question

I have the same problem. Did replacing the blower motor speed controller fix that person's problem? This will be my fourth change out. I burned two out and then replaced the blower motor. This is my third and now it won't shut off nor can I manually change blower speeds. I push the OFF button and the screen goes black but air comes out the floor in fast.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Yes, unfortunately the controller is at fault. I don't have access to the question you are referring to, you would need to copy the question URL and paste it here. Also make sure the cowl inlet and blower case is clear of any debris that would restrict airflow and only run the heat on full hot when necessary. The controller is cooled by blower airflow. Overheating is the main cause of failure.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.