EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite

2010 mariner rear hatch lock doesn't seem to be getting

Customer Question

2010 mariner rear hatch lock doesn't seem to be getting power. tested the switch and it is working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tested the switch, the locked position sensor and both are working. tried a new lock assembly, didn't help
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 75,000 and no has not happened before
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 3 months ago.

Hi. You are not going to have power at the liftgate release switch. It just supplies a ground to the interior fuse panel. You will have power on the green/white wire at the liftgate lock actuator after pushng the release button. There also is a fuse and a relay in the fuse box under the hood involved in sending power to the actuator. Check fuse 7 (15amp) in the fuse box under the hood.

Thanks for viewing my response. Let me know if you have any more questions, and also please rate my assistance using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.