A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I have a 2007 Mercury montego. Had car recharged with

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Mercury montego. Had car recharged with collant and leak detector. Car blows cold air on highway but in traffic does not blow air as cool as on highway. Found a little bit of green on compressor. What is wrong?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: Yes on both questions
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No cannot fix myself. Have put collant freon and dye in system
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it sounds like a lack of airflow across the condensor. Make sure the cooling fans under the hood are operating while the compressor is engaged. There could be a blockage between the radiator and ac condensor under the hood, grass, leaves, dirt. Make sure it is clean and clear. If those items look ok. Take a look at the ac pressures, there could be a restriction in the ac system causing the pressure to run too high and low and cause a lack of ac performance.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you still need help with your 2007 Mercury Montego.