Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I have a 95 mercury grand marquis i had to chnge my lcm

Customer Question

I have a 95 mercury grand marquis i had to chnge my lcm because it had a burnt up circuit board and wasn't going to sleep draining my battery. Now none of my lights are coming on an the car won't start. New battery, altenator ane good starter.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The LCM should have on control over the engine starting. When you say it will not start are you saying it will not crank over? If that is the case, lets start with this issue first by checking to see if you are getting power to the ignition switch on the yellow wire from the ignition fuse located in the under hood fuse panel. Check this for me and we can work from there. I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference and testing as well Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/start%20Jun%2028.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How would i go about testing that specific wire?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Are you still working on a no crank issue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Car does nothing when i turn the key. Other than fuel pump coming on with the battery charged. No bell dinging when turning key to on. No interior lights.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Did you ever check to see if you have power at the ignition switch on the yellow power supply wire from the 50 AMP ign fuse in the under hood fuse panel?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you use a multimeter?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Yes you can use a volt meter or a 12 volt test light.