Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

I have a 2004 sable no crank. When i jump the starter with a

Customer Question

I have a 2004 sable no crank. When i jump the starter with a screw driver ,with key on it wont start?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello it wont start with the key and it wont start when jumping it, do you see it spark when you jump the starter? No issue with the THEFT lamp flashing fast when you turn the key to on?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Will it even crank when doing this? If not that means the starter is bad, starter is not getting power from the battery. If the starter makes an effort to engage but the engine can not turn then the AC compressor pulley bearing may be locked up.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.