Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury

I have a 2005 Mercury Sable that is draining the battery

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mercury Sable that is draining the battery somtimes randomly in just a few hours. Or it might last days & be fine. The battery is good, the alternator is good. I had somebody check the fuses & it was sparking on number 37 which was the instrument panel, radio & a/c. Is there something in there that could be draining the battery when the switch is off??
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am not sure exactly how they did the drain test and or if it was done accurate. There is a possibility if there method was done wrong this could lead you and I on a wild goose chase. Would you rather do the diag yourself to confirm which circuit is to blame? If so do you have a digital volt meter?

Have you changed your mind about using our help?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris