Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

The air not blowing air out of vents can here compressor

Customer Question

The air not blowing air out of vents can here compressor kick on,also it will start to idle real rough and not go then will die the traction lite comes on and the wrench signal
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes soon as u shut car of and re start it's fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the stalling and rough running issue only occuring when trying to operate the ac or is this a separate issue?

Has anything been checked/tested or replaced to try and locate or correct this fault here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on the stalling there was a wire u had to Eiffel under the dash then it would start idling riugh
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Are you saying there was a wire under the dash you can jiggle or mess with and it would quit stalling but it would idle rough when this was messed with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No for the air to come on now won't blow at all
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me the model of this Mercury and engine liter size?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mercurey Milan ,v6
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Does the temp out of the vent outlets become hotter when the temp is moved to hot or does it stay the same temp?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Is there any way you can get a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to check fault codes in all computers to see what codes are set with this issue here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Like auto zone
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

In some cases Auto Zone can read all computers on their scan tool but in others it may take a repair facility that works on this model here to get these codes read out of all computers as sometimes Auto Zone is only able to read engine codes.You can check with Auto Zone to see if they can do this for you or see if they will rent out a scan tool to check codes in all computers as this will help knowing which codes are set as well as if any codes are set.

I have seen issues with a temp actuator on the heater box fail causing warm air flow and mode actuators at fault causing no air flow.This may be the fault here with the ac operation since the compressor is kicking on.

I have seen issues with the electronic ignition switch act up causing stalling out issues and can be combined with the wire you can tamper with or jiggle under the dash and the switch may need replaced.

The codes do need read out though to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete