A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

My hood latch want release. I can't open my hood. Help, 1999

Customer Question

My hood latch want release. I can't open my hood. Help
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 1999 mountaineer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Keep pulling cable hitting front of hood would like to fix self, but either way to take to shop it has to have before I can drive it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was having a very hard time getting it to lack back when it would open, but this last time we closed it I think we picked it down to hard want open for anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 10 months ago.

Try pulling the release under the dash while a helper hits the hood where the hood latch is. Do not hit too hard or you will dent the hood. Please let me know if this works.