EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite

2006 air does not blow cold air and radio stopped working

Customer Question

2006 air does not blow cold air and radio stopped working all fuses good compressor is coming on line cold under the hood no cold air and no radio
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mercury?
Customer: No work grand marquis gs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it us possible to do myself yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Radio displayed faded overtime until it wouldn't come on then within weeks of each other the air didn't work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. The radio display going out and not working is common on those vehicles so these two problems may be a coincidence. Since the line under the hood is cold, your ac is working and cold air should be coming out. Sounds like you need a new blend door actuator. It changes the door on the heater box from hot to cold air.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is that simple to replace

It is a little difficult. The entire dashboard has to be removed and pulled back to access it. It is on the top of the heater box near the windshield.

Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Please ask if you have any further questions on this. And also rate my assistance provided please using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.